Italian Pork Brascolie Bake
A traditional Italian dish perfected for an Aussie Summer Sunday Dinner
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
- 2 large pork scotch butterfly steaks
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2tbs parmesan cheese
- 2tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1tbs sweet paprika
- 250g prepared napolitana sauce
- 2tbs extra parmesan cheese
- 1tbs extra chopped parsley
- butchers string or toothpicks
Lay out steaks and flatten. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and spread the mixture over the steaks. Roll up and secure with string or toothpicks.
Place 1/2 the prepared sauce into a foil tray and place the rolled pork steaks on the top and pour over remaining sauce.
Sprinkle with extra cheese and parsley.
Heat oven to 180 degrees and cook for approximately 45 minutes. Rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Buy Terry Orreal’s Famous pre-made, best quality pork meatballs
…or make your own pork meatballs by mixing the following ingredients:-
- 1.2kg pork mince
- 200g brown onion, chopped
- 120g breadcrumbs
- 20g crushed garlic
- 20g paprika
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 2g sea salt
- 40g red wine powder
- 40g sugar
- Pre heat your over to 180 degrees
- Place your meatballs on an over tray and cover with foil
- Cook at 180 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes
Serve with anything you like! We suggest pasta tubes (cooked “al dente” according to the packet instructions, tomato sauce mixed with a little oregano, a handful of fresh chopped basil, maybe a little thyme and a few chopped spring onions… wonderfully simple, even the kids can make this one! (with supervision) 😉