Our healthy chicken sausages are low in calories and very low in fat. Terry Orreal’s Famous Gluten Free Chicken Sausages are on special this week so why not grab a kilo or two to keep on hand for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner.
Healthy Italian Chicken Sausage Risotto Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a kilo of Terry Orreal’s Famous Gluten Free Chicken Sausages
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 & ¼ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 3 & ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a heavy, large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté sausage and onion until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and wine; stir 1-2 minutes or until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in 3 cups broth. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Continue adding stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is adsorbed and rice is tender and creamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas and 1/4 cup Parmesan; cook 1 minute or until heated throughout. Season with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Garnish with parsley and additional cheese. Serve immediately.