- 4 turkey legs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 green capsicums
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Make numerous vertical slits in the turkey legs.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil with the salt, pepper, teriyaki, vinegar and oregano. Marinate turkey legs in the oil mixture.
- Cut onion, capsicum and bacon into small squares (approximately the same size as the slits you cut on the legs). Fill each slit with one piece of capsicum, onion and bacon.
- After the legs are stuffed, brown them in the oil mixture on medium-high. Reduce temperature to low and cover. Cook for 45 minutes or until meat starts to separate from the bone. To help prevent the legs from drying out when cooking, add a little water to the skillet and lower the temperature.
Tip! Pull back the turkey leg skin before making the slits in the meat. Stuff the slits and pull back the skin to hold in all the stuffings.