Bacon & Eggs will never be the same again once you’ve tasted Terry Orreal’s Home Made Bacon!
Mmmm, bacon & eggs. Our bacon is cured, naturally smoked and prepared in house according to our traditional recipe and in the old fashioned manner. Nothing artificial is added.
Like all good things, our bacon making process takes time.
But it’s well worth the wait! If you’re gonna treat yourself to some bacon with your breakfast, why not get the best?
- Most people fry their bacon in a pan or on the barbeque, and this method works very well.
- Surprisingly, bacon is great done in the microwave between sheets of paper towel!!!
- For super crispy bacon, sizzle it slowly under a grill, turning often.
- If cooking a large amount, cook your bacon in single layers on racks in your oven.
- No matter how you choose to cook your bacon, you’re sure to notice the superior taste of Terry Orreal’s Famous Brendale Home Made Bacon.
- We guarantee 100% satisfaction or your money back.
The Boil Up
The Ultimate Maori Feed
Feeds 4 people
All you need is –
- Your biggest pot
- 2kg to 3kg Pork Bones and/or Bacon Bones
- 8 small, whole, washed potatoes, skin on
- 2 peeled carrots
- 3 bunches watercress
- Self raising flour
- Salt, pepper & butter
- Put bones in the pot, cover with water and cook for 40 mins on medium heat or until tender.
- Add (whole) potatoes and chunky chopped carrots .
- Cook for another 25 minutes.
- Add watercress on top, put the lid on and allow to steam.
Dumplings (or Dough Boys) –
- Mound the flour and make a well.
- Add a pinch of salt and a little water to the well.
- Mix with your hands until you achieve a soft mixture, add more water a little at a time if needed (the secret for soft fluffy dough boys is not to handle the mixture to much), roll into little balls.
- Place the dough boys on top of the watercress to steam.
- When the doughboys are fluffy, its ready.
- Serve it all up with a good knob of real butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Best enjoyed with a tall glass of L&P, a Speight’s Ale or a Mac’s Lager
Terry Orreal’s Quality Meats is famous for providing the highest quality meats to restaurants and consumers in the Pine Rivers area for over 45 years!
We’re proud of every product we sell! Our meats consistantly make the finals in national, state and local industry awards.
Some of our more recent awards include:
- 1st prize 2011 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 3rd prize 2011 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for Curry Beef & Onion.
- 1st prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 1st prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Pre-cooked Sausage – Weissworst .
- 1st prize 2010 AMIC Qld Gourmet Sausage King for Curry Beef & Onion.
- 3rd prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Wood Smoked Leg Ham.
- 3rd prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Dried Beef Jerky/Biltong
- 1st prize 2009 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for his Mediteranian Lamb.
- 1st prize 2009 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 2nd prize 2008 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for Continental Snags.
Behind the front counter at Terry Orreal’s Quality Meats