Terry Orreal’s Meats have just been voted “Number 1” BEST Boneless Ham in Queensland for 2012 by Australian Pork Ltd.
We’re working overtime to make as many hams as we can before the Christmas rush but demand may outdo supply. So, order your Christmas Ham from Terry Orreal’s now to avoid disappointment!
All our hams are proudly supplied by Australian Farmers.
Our Corned Silverside has won FIRST PRIZE for 3 years running at the Brisbane Ekka! See what all the fuss is about and cook one up this week to see for yourself. You won’t be disappointed!
Easy Corned Silverside cooking instructions.
- Place the silverside in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook gently for about 30 minutes per 500 grams.
- That’s it! Yeah, you can add an onion, carrot, a few cloves and/or splash of vinegar or wine to add flavours, but who needs it? You wont want to mask the flavour of Queensland’s best tasting Corned Silverside available only from Terry Orreal’s Quality Meats.
- Serve with mashed spuds, steamed vegies (I like to roughly mash the vegies in with the potatoes) and a generous spoonful of mustard pickles or creamy white sauce (see below for sauce recipe).
- Best enjoyed with a schooner of Guinness, Dark Beer or a Double Sarsaparilla.
Creamy White Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in warm milk; bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
Terry Orreal’s Quality Meats is famous for providing the highest quality meats to restaurants and consumers in the Pine Rivers area for over 45 years!
We’re proud of every product we sell! Our meats consistantly make the finals in national, state and local industry awards.
Some of our more recent awards include:
- 1st prize 2011 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 3rd prize 2011 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for Curry Beef & Onion.
- 1st prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 1st prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Pre-cooked Sausage – Weissworst .
- 1st prize 2010 AMIC Qld Gourmet Sausage King for Curry Beef & Onion.
- 3rd prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Wood Smoked Leg Ham.
- 3rd prize 2010 Brisbane Ekka – Best Dried Beef Jerky/Biltong
- 1st prize 2009 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for his Mediteranian Lamb.
- 1st prize 2009 Brisbane Ekka – Best Corned Silverside.
- 2nd prize 2008 AMIC National Gourmet Sausage King for Continental Snags.