- Preheat your over to 200c
- Peel and boil some spuds for 10 minutes, drain and shake them a bit to scuff up the edges.
- Chuck the spuds in a pan, throw in a few peeled and chopped carrots too and some chunks of pumpkin with the skin on.
- Slap the Leg of Lamb on top – that way all the juices from the meat will run over the vegies as it’s cooking.
- Mix some crushed garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper and smear it all over the lamb – rub it in a bit.
- Cook it all for 1 hour and 15 minutes if you want the lamb nice and pink or if you prefer well done, cook it for an hour and a half.
- Remove it from the oven and let it stand for ten minutes before slicing. This allows the meat to ‘rest’ and helps stops the juices from escaping the meat when sliced. Take my word, this resting step is important for more juicy and tender slices of meat.
Easy Mint Sauce
- Chop some mint and mix it in some hot water with vinegar, a bit of sugar and salt.
More than a meal… make it a romantic, winter’s night in…
- Serve with an aged rich, full bodied red wine – any good Australian Shiraz will be perfect.
- Leave the dishes for the kids to do and go sip on Gin n Tonics with your other half in front of the fireplace or TV 🙂